Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Can I give Power Gyl in Loose motion to my 2-1/2 years old son?

my 2 and half years old son has loose motion . should i give him Power Gyl syrup?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  4977
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response
I would suggest not to , though it is recommended by few .Loose motions - watery , not blood tinged , without any fever or abdominal pain is usually caused by viruses (most common cause) so antibiotic is of no use.
The right treatment would be to replenish the lost fluid , in form of Oral rehydration solution - in the dose 10 ml per KG for every losse motion passed.
Then continue normal soft diet with out much spices.
If he has fever or abdominal pain or blood streak in stool , then u r justified in using Power Gyl , which is an antibiotic solution.
Hope this helps...Wish a speedy recovery.
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor