• question-icon

Can Amlodipine and Lisinopril be taken together for blood pressure?

I was checking my medication and I believe I am on amlodipine 5 mg daily benazeprill 5 mg daily and the Lisinopril 20 mg daily . I had run out of my lisinopril and my blood pressure was 157/97 I believe I need to take the lisinopril but my current prescription was out I am contacting my physician does it seem like a likely combination of drugs for high blood pressure YYYY@YYYY thank you
Wed, 13 Dec 2017
The combination of the drugs you mention, Amlodipine and benazepril is a very common drug in the United States with the brand name Lotrel. Benazepril and Lisinopril are both a type of medication called an ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) Inhibitor. In most cases, someone is on only one ACE inhibitor at a time. If your personal physician added lisinopril 20mg to your current regimen of Amlodipine/Benazepril, you should take it as he directed it. If you miss doses as you have done here, your blood pressure will rise. This is a relatively likely combination of drugs for High blood pressure.