Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

CT scan and doctor said Gliosis formation behind left eye. Serious?

my son just had a ct scan and there the doctor called it a Gliosis formation behind the left eye, he has a MRI tomorrow morning but we can't think of any head injury he has had, no ms in either side of family, some strokes and heart problems. He is 40 years old and has had sinus problems most of his life and spells where he was dizzy and lost vision focus but these symptoms were a few years back. What is Gliosis and how serious is it?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Gliosis is a kind reactive changes occurring in a type of neural cells. Adjacent to the bony structures, it usually suggests possibility of reaction to an old trauma. However, gliosis has pleanty of various other causes. So, physical exam is mandatory to assess the condition properly. The point of concern is his dizzy spells and lost vision focus few years ago. Kindly, discuss these with your Neurologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:

Wish you good health!
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor