Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Breast milk not enough, suggested formula, colic drops for gastric problem, uncomfortable. What to do?

hi! my son is 18 dayz old, breast milk is not sufficient to cater his needs doctors suggested enfalac 1 but he feels gastric in his stomach which makes him very uncomfortable, i went to the doctor and he suggested colic drops and changed his milk to enfamil O-lac formula but still it does not work and he is still very irritable and uncomfortable, what should i do.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
This is a common problem faced by us regularly.There is no mother who doesn't have enough breast milk.If you are not confident and feed your child less then your breast milk production is bound to get lower.Kindly do not start any supplemental feeds.Feed your child breast milk regularly by waking him up every 2hrs.If your child gains about 30gms /day, pisses about 10-12 /day and sleeps well in between feeds there is no reason to worry.If you start mixed feeds your problems will increase.Be confident and feed your child breast milk only.Hope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor