Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Blurred vision due to contact lenses irritating cornea, double vision, dry irritated eyes. Suggestions?

My vision was pretty blurry about 2 weeks ago so I thought I just had the wrong prescription. I went to the eye doc and he said my contacts were irritating my cornea . He gave me drops to take home and too me not to wear my contacts for a week. It has now been a little more than a week and I have worn my contacts 3 times. Usually, I struggle seeing far away. But now, I struggle Seeing anything close up and I see double of everything- close and far- with and without my glasses on. My vision also seems foggy and my eyes are dry and irritated. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

I am afraid you might have had some injury to the superficial layers of the cornea due to some ill-fitting contact lenses. You are advised to not use contact lenses till the problem subsides completely and 3 weeks beyond that. Instead you can use glasses for a better vision.

It is better if you get yourself examined by an eye specialist for a proper examination of your cornea. Meanwhile, you can use some lubricating eye drops 3-4 times a day and some anti-biotic ointment at bed time.

Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor