Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Bladder infection, cold shivers, hot flashes, fever. Help?

I have continuous bladder infection now for 16 months. On macrodantin but keeps coming back. I also have hot and cold shivers during the day and night cold and hot sweating during the night, but don't have a temperature

Just to add, thank you for your time. I am sorry I cannot pay for an answer, I dont have a credit card or bank account. My children support me. Thank you so much.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Do not worry about the payment at all. At healthcaremagic, we aim to serve the people. From those who can afford it, to those who can't.

Now coming to your query. I would request you to always mention your age and sex in all queries posted, as this is an e-consultation, and information which is obvious during a one-on-one consultation is otherwise not known unless stated during an e-consultation. It does seem like you are suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI). For your reference I shall list all the most common symptoms down for you. They are:
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Frequent urination
-Increased urge to urinate, but less amount of urine passed
-Lower abdominal and/or flank region pain
-Itching around the genitals
-Blood in urine or immediately after (not always seen)

Please note that not all symptoms need to be present to clinically suspect a UTI. You will have to visit a doctor and get your urine examined. This will help in further confirming the presence of a UTI. Treatment will include antibiotic therapy, pain management medication (if required) and a urine alkalizer (if your urine is acidic).

In the meantime, please consume plenty of water and also add cranberry juice to your daily diet, as this has shown to have added benefits in relieving UTI-related symptoms.

I would also recommend a prostate examination if you are a male and above the age of 50 years. I wish you lots of luck and a speedy recovery from your ailment. Do not worry, this is a minor condition and an easily treatable once.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor