Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Bitten by insect on arm, soreness, back and neck pain, yellow discharge, hard surrounding area. Cure?

Hi there, I recently got bit by something on my right upper arm . I did not realize this until I woke up with pain in my arm. Day 1 and 2 it caused severe pain from my elbow & shoulder and soreness on right side upper back and neck . There was redness around area. Today, day 3 there is still redness area area and pain but both have gone down some. There was also a lot of thick thick yellow dicharge. The area surrounding is now hard as a rock. I do have pics if needed. Any clue what this is and what I should do, thanks
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear sir,

I think you have developed an abscess where the bug has bitten you . If you have some pics it would be helpful . I think you will require a course of antibiotics but that can be decided only after seeing the pics.

Take care .

Dr. Shruti
Answered: Thu, 15 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor