Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Banged upper right eye, swollen, bruised. Should I go to the eye doctor?

Hello...two days ago I banged my upper right eye over the eye brow. The eyelid was swollen and bruised yesterday morning. I put Ice on it and took ibuprofen and by the later afternoon my eye looked much better. Now this morning I wake up and the bruising is worse and my eye is almost swollen shut! Is thi normal? Should I go to the eye doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hii.. the lid swelling is due to localised collection of blood. this can be reduced by cold compresses as what you did. and take some analgesic with serratiopeptidase content in it like tab tolpaD. if its not reducing better consult your ophthalmologist as there can be a fracture of underlying bone which cannot be ruled out. i suggest to consult an eye doctor as soon as possible.. please let me know did you get relief from your symptom.. thank you.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor