Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Any medication to apply on kniked vaginal lip? Uncomfortable on walking

Hi, my name is Jackie. Im 25 years old & I have a question. I was shaving my genital area on Saturday, when I realized i knicked my vaginal lip (on the outside near the opening). It is uncomfortable when I walk too much & I was wondering if there is anything I can or should put on there? I have a gyno appointment tomorrow but I was wondering if I could start using something tonight?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
There might be some inflammation due to improper hygiene.
Take proper local care,use antiseptic soap to clean particularly after shaving,keep that area dry,avoid tight undergarment.
You can apply anti bacterial,anti fungal,steroid containing cream.
Avoid sex till get complete cure.
Consult your gynecologist for further guidance and proper medical management.
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor