After taking a scan the baby stopped growing .Can anyone suggest me the reason for this ?

On June 23rd when i had been to the doctor for a normal check up at the 15th week of pregnancy i got to know that the baby did not have a heartbeat and that I had missed the baby. The most unfortunate day. However, i did not have any symptoms and felt the pregnancy was going smooth. But, i was told by the doctor that the baby had stoped growing after 8 weeks and after that it was with no growth and only fluid increasing. And it was exactly in the 8th week that i had a scan and all was fine, but right after the scan the baby stopped growing...how is this possible. Although its long time, i still cant believe. Can anyone suggest me the reason for this. The doctor told me they cannot figure out the reason for this ( as in early pregnancy). Can any one tell if any other reason for this to occur. When can i try to conceive again, and if I prepare to delay conceiving will it create a problem for conceiving in the future ?
Mon, 18 Jan 2010
's  Response
hi. sorry to hear about your case. dont lose heart. my close friend underwent the same thing as you. Everything was ok on 7th wk scan but no fetal heart on 15th wk for no obvious reason.now shes carrying again. in her 5th month. Everything looks ok till now. I dont see any reason why delaying will cause problems in conceiving in future. Are u using any contraceptive at the moment? Use condoms if u have slightest doubt because with that u are ready to conceive the day u stop using it. With pills u many not conceive for 3-6 months after stopping because it takes time for fertility to return.
sunandabansal's  Response

Hi, i also had gone through the same.  I had gone for an ultrasound at 13 weeks.  There was no fetal heart beat.  The growth stopped at 8 weeks. Had to go for a Dnc.  Most of the people says its the nature's way to get rid of the nonviable feutus.  Either there is a problem with the egg or the sperm.  It happens once in the life time of every woman.  So don't loose hope.  Just pray to god.  The best time to conceive again is ideally after 3 months.  But pls consult with your Gyn.  Best of luck to u.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Thank you for your comments. I hope all is going well now and im perfectly prepared for a new start again. Do suggest if any percautions have to taken for being prepared.