Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Acid reflux, anxiety, severe migraines, face puffiness, body swelling, itchy skin, blurred post kidney transplant. How can I overcome this?

At the age of 5 (now 35) I was juvenile diabetic (type 1). In May 2006 I started dialysis due to renal failure . During that time I was about 20-25 pounds overweight with severe water retention & because of this I lost some skin elasticity. In august of 2008 I received a kidney/ pancreas transplant . My dry weight at the hospital was 109. After my transplant I continued to stay at a weight between 110 & 115. My diabetes was no longer an issue (the new pancreas took care of that!) & I no longer needed diabetic meds. Although I am very happy to no longer have to deal with diabetes, there are some side effects of my transplant that effect me in a way that I sometimes do not want to leave the house. 2 things I received after my transplant is acid reflux & anxiety. Another is severe swelling, water retention & puffiness (up to 15 pounds) 1-2 times a month around pre- pms & allergy attacks. I get really bad migranes, swollen/puffy face, full body swelling, water retention, itchy/tight skin, pressure, blurry vision, watery eyes & severe anxiety. Every month I deal with these issues. I have been to 3 allergist, 2 GYN s & numerous ER visits & the answers I get from doctors are always the same: Labs are perfect with the exception of ocassional UTI s (which I was told was normal for someone with a new kidney so close to the bladder). I leave the doctor/hospital frustrated with no answers to why this happens to me every month for 3-4 days. There has to be a reason that this is happening. I do not want to take any medication for anxiety because I take enough medications for anti-rejection as it is. Please help!
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hell Dear Sou,
Welcome here on hcm.
For your problem you have to consult a kidney specialist here on hcm premium service.
If you will not be serious, than, you will be in great trouble.
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor