Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Abdominal discomfort, joint pain, numbness. Done MRI and blood work. What should I do?

I am a 24 year old male smoker with a clean bill of health, no known allergies, and no family history of cancer or illness . For last 6 months I have had general weakness and ongoing discomfort in my lower/middle left abdomen area: sometimes its enough to wake me up; I feel better after a bowel movement and or urination . I also have... - joint pain -slight numbness in my left leg, left testicle and lower back. -when I urinate I have a burning sensation on the tip of my penis that comes and goes - when I push hard on certain area on my lower left abdomen I have a quick sharp pain that I can feel in my anus - frequent loose stools - frequent diarrhea - I ve also lost ten pounds recently but I have had a more active life style and I ve been going to the gym My GP can t seem to figure out what is wrong. I ve already had... -full blood and urine work -an MRI of my spine -a three day stool study -an ultrasound of my left testicle and lower left abdomen I forced them to schedule me for a colonoscopy next week.. Everyone tells me its just stress/anxiety but I just dont feel like myself anymore and I think something is wrong. Can all of these symptoms be explained by something benign... ie gas, ibs, stress, pinched nerve, etc All these tests are depleting my savings... What should I do? Whats wrong with me? Are there any other tests you would recommend.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Your young age, lost of weight, abdomen pain and joint pain might be explained by Crohn`s disease (but it doesn't have to be it). The best way to rule it out is colonoscopy.
If it will not show the reason of your symptoms, CT of small intestine might be necessary as colonoscopy visualizes large intestine only.
Only when this test are done, IBS might be recognized.
The other option to explain your symptoms is an inflammation of the prostate gland. There should be any signs of inflammation in your blood tests and urine tests. You should visit urologist for physical examination of your prostate if this is suspected.
Take care

Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor