Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

92 year old, has experienced frequent fall. How can this be tackled?

My 92 year old mother has recently moved to a nursing home. She has fallen two or three times since moving and had a two week stay in the hospital for double pneumonia . Shortly after returning to the nursing home she fell which caused minor injuries they then moved her to a bed made of PVC pipe which is about two feet off the floor to keep her allegedly from falling. She has now fallen out of the PVC cot bed and I have asked that she be moved to a regular hospital with the necessary safety features rather than lye flat of her back in this little bed and they have refused. Can you advise me concerning matters of this nature. This is a brand new building with new equipment.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
There are cot designs specially made for patients that have side supports which can be fixed and unfixed at your choice.
This is used for children, violent patients, very old patients (like your mother).
You can visit any other nursing home before shifting her to a new place and making it certain that they have such cots.

Hope this helps.
Dr Anjana Rao
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor