Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

7 year old undergoing physical therapy for cerebral palsy. No improvement. Any suggestions?

Hi Doctor Actually My Son Is A Cerebral Palsy Status & He Is Seven Years Old & He Was Operated In Heart Since Six Years Ago In France After That We Discovered That He Is C.P. & We Continue On Intensive Physical Therapy At The International Clinic Of Rehabilitation In Ukraine But Untill Now There Is No Improvment Such As A Little Bit Relaxation In His Muscles So I m Sending You Is You Could Help Us Many Thanks The Child Father (Hisham Nassar)
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
cerebral palsy as a disease will not improve 100%. even with intensive physiotherapy .You can expect some improvement with growth and with treatment. Try to make the child self sufficient in his daily activities.sorry to mention that you have to accept some degree of disability finally.
good luck and god bless
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor