Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

51 year old female have had a recurring condition at least 8 times so far

I am a 51 year old female. I have had a recurring condition that I ve had for 6 years, and it has occurred at least 8 times so far. I have seen 6 different doctors, and no one has been able to figure out what it is. It starts with flu-like symptoms , such as severe body aches & fever . Then a few hours later I get a huge hive in my butt. It does not look like a rash. It is a huge area that is very red, hot to the touch, and raised, with the appearance of a hive. It gets very painful, because of how swolen it gets. There are no blisters, or infected center. It seems to cover a larger area each time it happens. This last time it almost completely covered both butt cheecks. It usually starts getting lighter a little bit every day, until it is gone. Every time it happens, I go see a GP on the first day that is starts. I cannot see a Dermatoligist because of my insurance. I have to be referred to a dermo, which takes a very long time. By the time the referral is approved, the symptoms are gone. Most of the doctors think it is possibly a hive, and one thought it was Dermatitis. Every time I see a different doctor, they say, Wow, I have never seen anything like this before. I really wish I could find out what it is. My other medical conditions are Reiter s Syndrome, Iritis , Erothema Nodosum, & Migraines. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
My reply to Dr. Aseem answer: I got Salmonella, and the doctor said that is what trigered the Reiter's Syndrome. No, I have not had any urogenital problems.

I am taking Tolmetin for the Reiter's Syndrome. I am not taking anything for the "hive" condition above.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Ok so cause ofyour prob is salmonella, n you take only tolmetin
you should take some antibiotic which effect on that organism like levoflox, chloremphenicol, augmentin as per your doc advise. tolmetin is nothing but a pain killer you should start proper treatment. in fact there r many other pain killer which r more safer n effective than tolmitin. you should discuss it with your doc
Dr aseem9982583020
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor