Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

4 months twins, born at 32 weeks. Which food can be given to them?

My DDs are 4 months old and they are born at 32 weeks. So NICU started them with dexolac special care as i din hav BM supply. Later we switched to dexolac 1. Offlate they are not taking up this formula. So with my Ped s advice we switche dto Lactogen and everything is well. But my elder DD cries very often in hunger. So Ped suggested to add Cerelac or nestum to the Formula milk. Is it safe to give these to my DDs. they are 4 months and a week old.Also let me know which is better. Nestum or cerelac and how to feed these to my babies.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Adding cerelac or nestrum to formula milk is not the way to satisfy her. Its good that till now you were advised properly( starting with special care and thereafter switched to formula 1), but it will be too early to supplement the formula milk.
Actually these formula milk are made in such a manner so that they fulfill the demand of baby in all aspects like hunger and nutrients. Ideally complementary feeding(cerelac contails cereals) should be introduce at age of 6 completed months.
So I would suggest that if your baby is growing properly then feed her more frequently and to wait at least till 5 months of age for complementary feeds.
Answered: Sat, 1 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor