Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

2 month old has rash on parts of body. Anything to worry ?

My 2 month old has a rash on parts of the trunk of her body. 3 or 4 large bumps that had fluid then flattened out and other parts just flat pink bumps that look like heat rash. I m going to the Dr. on Thursday. Ask-a-nurse had told me not to worry, it may be sensitivity to the soap I bathe her with. It s been over the last week and 1/2 and hasn t gone away. Should I have gone to the Dr. sooner? I m a little worried now. AAAAA
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Fluid filled lesions at 2 months of age not progressive in nature and not associated with fever or any other manifestation is seems to be benign one. Yes it may be due to some kind of allergy one of which is soap. There are so many other condition which may manifest like this and they are usually self limiting in nature.If the lesions are not increasing in number and size, if it is not pus filled then no need to worry. But if you notice any change then as it is persisting for more than one week consult your doc. for proper evaluation.
I hope this answers your query well
Wish you and your family good health
With regards
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..solis Child is needed to be clinically evaluated... if the lesions are small and present on the trunk, butts, then it can be due to napkin rashes... but since its large in size and fluid filled, need to get treated early.. not to delay in consulting pediatrician...

Take care..
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor