Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

19 yr old, 5 feet 3 inch, can my height grow further ?

hi, i m a 19 year old girl. i m 5 feet 3 inch tall. i wanted to know dat can my height grow further(atleast 2 inches) by means of any medicine. if yes can you suggest any medicine. I tried homeopethic medicines like hieght tall dat contains baryta carbonicam but due to dat medicine had side effects. i started getting mouth ulcer . i needed your help. plz guide me..
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  243
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Miss.Khushi,

The average height of an indian women is 5 feet 3 inch to 5 feet 5 inch. So you are in the average height range. You have mentioned that your age is 19 years. Usually the height of a person depends on the bony growth. Usually maximum growth occurs during 13 to 16 years. Above 16 (up to 21 years of age) even if growth occurs its usually less. Don't try for any medicine to increase your height. As such nothing is proven till now.

My advice is to stop thinking about your height and be happy.

Good luck

Answered: Tue, 30 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor