Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

12 year old with dizziness and short term memory loss after an accident. Need to be concerned?

My daughter is 12 years old and was in a car accident where she hit her head on the windshield, her catscan was fine in the hospital after the accident but i am concerned because she is experiencing dizziness and sometimes she thinks she has short term memory issues the accident was a little over 3 months almost 4 months ago how concerned should i be
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
You may try encephabol tonic for memory loss,and give fruit juices with additional glucose powder in it-this will enhance brain performance and since 4 months are gone,reassure your child that she would be okay soon.Without neurological deficit in any part of the body,natural course of healing from past concussion is likely
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Srivastava's  Response
In absence of neurological deficits of the body,mild transient short term memory shouldn't be a long time worry--it will heal in couple of days ,already 4 months have passed,only advise should be to reassure your child that it will be okay soon.Give her multivitamins and liquid encephabol to serve as brain tonic
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor