Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
195 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

my uncle 60 years of age has developed pain at

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1994

Answered : 11993 Questions

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: my uncle 60 years of age has developed pain at the joints of the shoulders of both the hands....plz advice what to do
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to frozen shoulder.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the shoulder joints at his age can be due to frozen shoulder or capsulitis. These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy ( Range of motion exercises, stretching and strengthening exercises). Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition. If these pain relievers do not work then he can take Voltarin after getting it prescribed from his doctor.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer to you a physical therapist. A physical therapist can teach the stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in your shoulder as possible.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on