my uncle 60 years of age has developed pain at

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: my uncle 60 years of age has developed pain at the joints of the shoulders of both the hands....plz advice what to do
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to frozen shoulder.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the shoulder joints at his age can be due to frozen shoulder or capsulitis. These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy ( Range of motion exercises, stretching and strengthening exercises). Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition. If these pain relievers do not work then he can take Voltarin after getting it prescribed from his doctor.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer to you a physical therapist. A physical therapist can teach the stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in your shoulder as possible.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.