Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

146 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

i had an surgery due us a fall i was

Answered by
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1970

Answered : 6985 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019 in Pain Management
Question: i had an surgery due us a fall i was ex as crps today i can't walk without extreme paIN and it's XXXXXXX 4 years this february 4
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A methodical approach &expert advise would ease your pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Leokeibel,
Thanks for the query. I have read it &understand your concern.
crps...can arise in cases like you with surgery following a. accident due to causes like affection of bones/joints following the trauma/involvement of nerves affecting walking skills (spinal level,local level at hip or leg )/muscular weakness developed following reduced use.
Management of such pain is by-
- Cause specific pain medication as per advise of treating doctor(treating pain specialist/ orthopedic/nurophysician)
- physiotherapy/physical therapy exercises depending on cause &sevirity of symptoms
-Cognitive behavioral therapy... to understand the type &cause of trouble ,to learn & avoid acute exacerbation,learn skills to have movements with bearable pain.
-Psychotherapy to avoid or get rid of possible depression(which in turn increases the sufferings)
-Use of gadgets for better movements
-Desensitisation of pain feeling , learnt under expert advise
-Nerve repair surgery by stem cell implantation helps in cases not responding to medicines &self care.
*In this scenario I would suggest to to discuss the possible relief with your treating doctor's team.
I hope that answer helps you. Any follow up query is welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on