i had an surgery due us a fall i was
A methodical approach &expert advise would ease your pain.
Thanks for the query. I have read it &understand your concern.
crps...can arise in cases like you with surgery following a. accident due to causes like affection of bones/joints following the trauma/involvement of nerves affecting walking skills (spinal level,local level at hip or leg )/muscular weakness developed following reduced use.
Management of such pain is by-
- Cause specific pain medication as per advise of treating doctor(treating pain specialist/ orthopedic/nurophysician)
- physiotherapy/physical therapy exercises depending on cause &sevirity of symptoms
-Cognitive behavioral therapy... to understand the type &cause of trouble ,to learn & avoid acute exacerbation,learn skills to have movements with bearable pain.
-Psychotherapy to avoid or get rid of possible depression(which in turn increases the sufferings)
-Use of gadgets for better movements
-Desensitisation of pain feeling , learnt under expert advise
-Nerve repair surgery by stem cell implantation helps in cases not responding to medicines &self care.
*In this scenario I would suggest to to discuss the possible relief with your treating doctor's team.
I hope that answer helps you. Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?