i am a 30 year old virgin. I started a

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: i am a 30 year old virgin. I started a prolonged period at the middle of November. My doctor put me on Provera 10 mg for 15 days. This started on the 4th of decemeber to stop the period. For one week I had no bleeding then the second I had very light bleeding when I wiped. The second bleeding started around the 14th and became heavier around the 21st of December. The doctor put me
on Provera again on the 26th of december. It reduced the bleeding but it never stopped bleeding. I finished the second dose of Provera on the 9th. I started bleeding very heavily yesterday and today. My doctor gave me a choice between Depo Provera and the XXXXXXX pill Norethindone to stop the bleeding. which is better ? also my ultrasound was completely normal. I am obese.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX pill may be better for immediate control

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
I think you need a direct check up with gynaecologist.
Do you have PCOS or thyroid abnormalities?
It may be better to take norethindrone for immediate relief.Depoprovera might take time.Also discuss with your gynaecologist regarding oc pills to regularise after controlling with norethindrone.
Decision should be finalised with the treating gynaecologist.
Feel free to ask your doubt with more details
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D