hi if you have alot of fleam in your throat

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hi if you have alot of fleam in your throat can you get a bad infection thanks
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
hi if you have alot of fleam in your throat can you get a bad infection thanks
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may...

Detailed Answer:

You might get an infection if the problem persists. May I know since when are you having this problem. And what other symptoms do you have?

Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
You may...

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
I feel have something in my throat I took vitiams and a gel alieve it feels clear nothing in my throat what type of infection and I had A sore throat as well combination of the down in my throat it was a lot but now feels nothing should I worry
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Like I had this yesterday and today somer reason I’m better it keeps going back and forth
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
I have it back feels like flem what do I do can I die???
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later
I got large soups would this work thanks
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need not be concerned...

Detailed Answer:

If you are already feeling better then we need not be concerned. Sometimes the body is able to take care of minor inflammation and heal it. Initial sensation of foreign body presence in the throat with irritation / phlegm may have been secondary to an pharyngitis - allergic / viral or acid reflux. I don't think there is any serious problem here.

If you are alright now, then I would not start any medications. I'd only suggest to try warm saline water gargling and steam inhalation for day or two. It will be enough to manage any residual inflammatory process.

However if the problem recur / worsens, consult your primary care provider who will be able to examine throat and arrive at the specific cause.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Need not be concerned...

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 26 hours later
I’m taking z pack I feel better not 100 percent but the thing is always thirsty every like few minutes I don’t recall but it’s weird I never experience this before thanks
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
I did something like 11 or years ago would this have something do with it oral honestly
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 42 minutes later
Hiv ???
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Hiv ???
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Not related to HIV...

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply. I was away from internet this weekend.

No, what you have is not related to HIV. We don't expect HIV to present with symptoms after 11 years of exposure. If this is your primary concern, you can set those fears aside. As I mentioned earlier the symptoms may be due to infective or non infective causes. You got better after zpack (antibiotic). You should become normal soon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Not related to HIV...

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 8 days later
I feel better thanks
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
I feel better thanks
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
What a bad cold for a week in my neck area
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
See the black and blues on leg hiv???
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
See the black and blues on leg hiv???
Answered by Dr. Prasad 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not HIV...

Detailed Answer:

Cold is a very common symptom. Skin color change is noticed with temperature change. Similar change is also noticed after bruising. I viewed the picture attached and I cannot specifically relate it to a single cause. However it doesn't suggest HIV infection. You can be assured it isn't HIV.

If these changes persists beyond 2-3 days, visit a doctor for clinical examination.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Not HIV...

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
So the black marks are from where though I had this for a long time I take humera for a long time now could this be the cause of it it’s an injection in the leg so the black marks are not diease related or cancer
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 2 minutes later
Any inflammation in glands neck area thanks honestly
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
May not be able to comment without a physical exam...

Detailed Answer:

I don't think I will be able to comment about the exact cause of those black blue mark. Similarly neck gland / node inflammation are something felt upon a clinical examination. It is extremely difficult to identify an inflammed / swollen nodes through pictures.

However I can definitely comment that those are not from an HIV infection.

As far as Humira, it may cause skin changes. Ones commonly reported are red rashes. You may ask a rheumatologist if blue - black rashes are related to humira.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications

Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 48 hours later
When u mean u can comment thoughs are not from hiv infection are u referring to the black and blue marks???
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Thanks sir
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Thanks sir
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
What does pins and needles mean??
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
What does pins and needles mean??
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 23 minutes later
I have it through out body I don’t know what’s going on with me
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 14 minutes later
Why is it every time it’s going to rain I feel pins and needles is this normal I do have osioasia arthritis
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Physical examination necessary to identify the cause...

Detailed Answer:

There are limitations to online medical consultation. Skin changes - color and texture have various reasons. The exact cause can be identified upon careful clinical examination.
Since you are primarily worried about HIV, the only good news I could give is that those skin changes are not from HIV infection. You can be rest assured about it.

Pins and needles is an abnormal sensation. It's similar to what you would feel as you move the leg after it has gone to sleep (from an abnormal position). It may or may not be related to a serious medical condition. Diabetes and nutritional deficiency are the most common cause of pins and needles. Cold temperature in some people induce changes to peripheral blood vessels (in the limbs) transiently leading to pins and needles. You can discuss with your treating doctor if its affecting your daily activities.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you any more clarifications.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer: