hi doctor, my sister age 25 has thyroid profile and
Continue with 50 micrograms for another month and check again.
Hello Mr Sangam,
I have gone through your query and have seen the attached old and new reports.
I remember asking you to reduce the dose to 50 micrograms last time about 2 months ago.
It seems to be working out fine for now, your sisters' body is recognising the slight reduction in the thyroid hormone level and has started stimulating the thyroid little more strongly, this is reflected in the very minimal raise in the TSH levels while both T4 and T3 are normal.
In my opinion, you must wait for another month or two and ask your sister to continue taking 50 micrograms as suggested earlier and repeat the test after 1 or 2 months.
However, if she has any symptoms of hypothyroidism, like swelling, irregular periods or weight gain, lethargy, then she can go back to 62.5 micrograms whenever she wants.
I hope that answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...