hi doctor, my sister age 25 has thyroid profile and

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hi doctor, my sister age 25 has thyroid profile and according to her suggested last time she was taking 50mg tablets.she was recommended to do a test in next one month...so the current and past reports are attached.please suggest what to be continued.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue with 50 micrograms for another month and check again.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr Sangam,

I have gone through your query and have seen the attached old and new reports.

I remember asking you to reduce the dose to 50 micrograms last time about 2 months ago.

It seems to be working out fine for now, your sisters' body is recognising the slight reduction in the thyroid hormone level and has started stimulating the thyroid little more strongly, this is reflected in the very minimal raise in the TSH levels while both T4 and T3 are normal.

In my opinion, you must wait for another month or two and ask your sister to continue taking 50 micrograms as suggested earlier and repeat the test after 1 or 2 months.

However, if she has any symptoms of hypothyroidism, like swelling, irregular periods or weight gain, lethargy, then she can go back to 62.5 micrograms whenever she wants.

I hope that answers your query.

Best wishes