hello, i have been taking ramipril and amlodipine for high

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hello, i have been taking ramipril and amlodipine for high blood pressure for a long time, my blood pressure is well under control. Is it safe to use viagra?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that sildenafil should not be taken if the patient is already taking any medicine of nitrate group like nitroglycerin isosorbide mononitrate etc.

But as You are taking Ramipril and amlodipine, no significant interaction has been documented with these medications. However still there can be a fall in blood pressure as you are already taking two anti hypertensives. So it’s advisable that you should personally discuss this with your treating doctor so that he can adjust the dose.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D