hello Dr. m having Scrotum itch for the past 3
Regarding scrotal itch
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You need to continue with the oral antihistamine for a longer duration i.e 8-12 weeks. This is because the more you scratch, more will be the desire to itch and then you will scratch even more. It is a cycle (itch- scratch- itch cycle). Oral antihistamines reduce the desire to itch and therefore help break the cycle. I suggest you to take a non sedating oral antihistamine e.g Loratadine (Dazit 5) during the day. In evening you may take Levocetrizine 10mg (Xyzal 10). In addition I suggest you to use a soothing and moisturizing lotion e.g Calamine and liquid paraffin based lotion (Dermocalm lotion or Moisturex soft lotion) on the affected area, twice or thrice daily.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body