question-icon

hello Dr. m having Scrotum itch for the past 3

Posted on Wed, 13 Mar 2019
Question: hello Dr. m having Scrotum itch for the past 3 years. Did Tried all Medications Flucanazole, Antifunga, Antibiotic etc....but itch is still there. Almost 2 months back tried mometasone fuorate for 3 weeks with Levo-cetrizine as advised by your dermatologist and it was fine. but for the Past 1 month itching has come back. Pls advise if i need to do any Test as it seems continuing. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding scrotal itch

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You need to continue with the oral antihistamine for a longer duration i.e 8-12 weeks. This is because the more you scratch, more will be the desire to itch and then you will scratch even more. It is a cycle (itch- scratch- itch cycle). Oral antihistamines reduce the desire to itch and therefore help break the cycle. I suggest you to take a non sedating oral antihistamine e.g Loratadine (Dazit 5) during the day. In evening you may take Levocetrizine 10mg (Xyzal 10). In addition I suggest you to use a soothing and moisturizing lotion e.g Calamine and liquid paraffin based lotion (Dermocalm lotion or Moisturex soft lotion) on the affected area, twice or thrice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist