question-icon

can itchy skin becaused from stress ,? also when i

Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 2019
Question: can itchy skin becaused from stress,? also when i sweat i get itchy and burning feeling in between my breast what can i do to stop this?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are suffering from a fungal infection. Itchy skin would not be due to stress. Rather, your sweat can act as an ideal ground for fungi to flourish. It is this that is possibly giving rise to the itchiness.

I would insist you to apply some antifungal powder and/or lotion like clotrimazole topically (OTC). For the itchiness associated, I would insist you to take some antiallergic like cetirizine tablet (OTC) once daily for the next few days.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha