question-icon

Wrinkled and insensitive penis. Feeling tight and dry after erection. How to overcome this?

Posted on Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Question: im really distraught over this my penis is insensitive and wrinkly on the shaft and the head too and the shaft skin seems very then and has lost color also i am able to achieve a full erection but it feels tight and dry please help i ve to dermatologists about this they recommend just using vasoline but it seems like it hasent helped any
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues (4 hours later)
Hi there.
I empathise with your issue & the penis is a sensitive region.
I dont advocate vaseline as most of my patients' are unhappy with it & it does seem to cause some a hyperpigmentation that is worrisome.
I do recommend you to use an aloevera based cream & best if it is in a gel form. This can easily be aquired over the counter & should not require a prescription.
In addition, if this does not work for you try using the simple K-Y jelly preparation that acts as a lubricant & is often recommended before a sexual act for this purpose.
Trust this will have helped you & wish you all the best. Do feel free to close this query if we are done & rate us if time permits. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist