Will diabetes in one partner and hypothyroidism in the other cause complications during pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Excellent
Question
My blood group is O negative and my husband's is O positive i have hypothyroidism and my husband is a diabetic so is there will be any problem for me to concieve or any complications during pregnancy or else we will not be able to have a baby plzz suggest...
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Your hypothyroidism and your husband's diabetes should be controlled before planning a pregnancy.
Then there should be no complications in conceiving.
During pregnancy, your thyroid levels should be controlled.
Because of different blood groups, the child may sometimes have jaundice and other issues.
You should get regular blood tests done to detect this, and there are special injections available to prevent such complications.
So please don't worry, everything is possible.
Just consult a proper gynecologist.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further

Follow-up: Will diabetes in one partner and hypothyroidism in the other cause complications during pregnancy? 24 hours later
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.