Will Norethisterone and Regestrone work better than Meprate in order to delay my mensuration?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctor,
I got my last last period on Dec 27th. I want to delay my period for this month as I need to travel and cannot avoid it. I have consulted doctor today and she suggested me Meprate 10mg with one tablet per day post dinner. However I have come to know that Norethindrone- Regestrone 5mg are better for delaying periods than the Meprate. Can you please suggest which one is good to delay my periods and suggest the dosage as well. My age is 29, weight is 69 and height is 5:5.

Thanks in advance.

Also, can I use option72 tablet after the intercourse while I'm on Meprate / Regestrone. Which one is good , option 72 or i-pill tablet?
I have never used Meprate / Regestrone nor option72 / i-pill. So i'm more worried and being bit cautious. Please advice.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Meprate 10 mg twice a day is a good option, and as efficient as the other preparations.

If you use emergency contraceptive during this period, you may bleed afterwards.

If intercourse is planned, best is to use condoms.

I hope it helps!

Dr. Aarti Abraham, OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana