Will Norethisterone and Regestrone work better than Meprate in order to delay my mensuration?
I got my last last period on Dec 27th. I want to delay my period for this month as I need to travel and cannot avoid it. I have consulted doctor today and she suggested me Meprate 10mg with one tablet per day post dinner. However I have come to know that Norethindrone- Regestrone 5mg are better for delaying periods than the Meprate. Can you please suggest which one is good to delay my periods and suggest the dosage as well. My age is 29, weight is 69 and height is 5:5.
Thanks in advance.
Also, can I use option72 tablet after the intercourse while I'm on Meprate / Regestrone. Which one is good , option 72 or i-pill tablet?
I have never used Meprate / Regestrone nor option72 / i-pill. So i'm more worried and being bit cautious. Please advice.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Meprate 10 mg twice a day is a good option, and as efficient as the other preparations.
If you use emergency contraceptive during this period, you may bleed afterwards.
If intercourse is planned, best is to use condoms.
I hope it helps!
Dr. Aarti Abraham, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Doctors answers to delay of mensuration cycle
- Meprate and regestrone benifits
- When mensuration happens after taking regestrone tablet
- What can delay mensuration
- Dosage of regestrone tablets to postpone mensuration
- Mensuration more than 30 days
- Which is best meprate regestrone
- Effects of sandoz drug taken for delay of mensuration date
- Medicine to recover delay in mensuration cycle
- Tablets for delaying mensuration
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?