Why do I feel nauseous every day?

Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My 16 year old daughter has persistent nausea
Answered by Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some further details are required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking the question on this platform.

You have not mentioned the duration of nausea; the timing of nausea or vomiting is very important in finding out the cause of her problem. For example, if it started shortly after a meal, nausea or vomiting may be caused by food poisoning, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining), an ulcer, however, Nausea or vomiting which started one to eight hours after a meal may indicate food poisoning.

So please provide some more details.

Awaiting your reply...

Thanks and Regards!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 26 hours later
The nausea has been going on for about 3-4 weeks. It is always present when she gets up in the AM. Goes away after being up for about 2-3 hours and then returns about 2-3 hours after dinner. Nothing seems to help. We can't determine any one thing that makes it worse either. The nausea is sever enough that she has the "dry heeves" a majority of the morning. Her stomach does not hurt, cramp and is not sore to touch.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 2 days later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
This pain could be related to ulcers in duodenum or stomach.
She should go for an endoscopy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana