Why did my doctor prescribe hydrocodone- acetaminophen 5-325mg and ibuprofen
Please see detalis below
Hi and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor service". I have read your question and here is my advice.
These drug are used for good pain relief .They are from different class and different mechanis for pain relief so to have a better pain control. .They are used for moderate to severe pain .Thier action lasts for 4 to 8 hours so are used 8 hourly for around the clock pain relief .
Let me ask if you have any special worry or concern about thier use that you are asking about thier use ??
I will be glad to answer anything else you need to know .
it does not cause hear attack
While the tooth pain is common after extraction , severe pain should be dicussed with the concerned doctor .
But there is no major risk in taking these medicines for 7 days .It does not cause heart attack neither it increases the risk .Don't worry about that.
Please feel free ask anything else you need to know.
Negligible risk of any liver damage
These drugs if used apropriately, generally do not cause any liver damage.
Any risk to liver damage is negligible .If these drug are used for only few days for acute pain, they dont cause any major issue .We commonly use them for pain managemnt .
Pleasedon't hesitate to ask anything else you need to know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol