question-icon

When can Eltroxin be taken?

Posted on Mon, 30 Nov 2015
Question: Can I take my ELTROXIN anytime later in the day and how should I do it. i go for a run in the mornings and need to eat something before I head out. The tablet in the morning means I can't have any food or coffee for 30 mins...it gets restrictive. Any other alternatives for during the day
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Bedtime possible

Detailed Answer:
I understand what you are asking here. Studies have shown that if the eltroxin is taken at bedtime it is ok as long as a gap of 3-4 hours is consistently maintained after the last meal at night. This means that if your dinner is at 8 pm and you go to sleep by midnight then it is all right to take the eltroxin right before you go to bed provided you do not eat or drink anything in that interval from 8 pm till midnight. It is ok to drink water though but no other beverage that has calories is allowed.
Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist