When I went to stand up the other day I
Probably meniscus tear, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a torn meniscus.
The activities which twist or rotate your knee can lead to a torn meniscus.
I recommend you to do an x-ray to exclude other possible medical conditions.
Meanwhile, I recommend to continue using anti inflammatory medication such as Motrin three tablets a day.
I suggest you to avoid activities that trigger the pain and use ice compresses for pain relief.
I also recommend doing physical therapy to strengthen the muscles which support the knee.
If the symptoms continue you should see an orthopedist for further examination such as an MRI.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?