What would you prescribe for premature ejaculation instead of Paxil?
Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX
First of all you will need to understand that medical treatment for premature ejaculation includes several options. Any serious primary medical conditions (such as a heart diseases) should be treated.
Paxil (paroxetine) is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor which can be used to treat PE. Other alternative agents are sertraline (e.g zoloft), citalopram (e.g celexa), fluoxetine (e.g prozac) (which are all selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and are prescription medications only (you will need a doctor to write any). Other classes are tricyclic antidepressants e.g clomipramine (e.g anafranil), topical anesthetic agents e.g lidocaine 2.5% and prilocaine 2.5% (EMLA)-possible to obtain those OTC and other agents such as sildenafil (viagra), pindolol (visken) etc. Some could be gotten OTC.
But I will suggest that you get a consultation first so that you can properly be evaluated for possible causes of the premature ejaculation, so you may receive treatment for that (if available).
Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Side effects can last for few minutes to hours depending on the medication and the dosage.
All the drugs have side effects but they might not necessarily affect you or you might not experience any.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment available for premature ejaculation
- What are the causes and remedies for premature ejaculation
- What is premature ejaculation
- What is the remedy for premature ejaculation
- What are the medications for premature ejaculation
- What is the reason for having premature ejaculation
- What is the cure for premature ejaculation
- What are the medicines available for premature ejaculation
- What are the symptoms of premature ejaculation?
- What to do for premature ejaculation problem