What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood pressure?
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You should focus on walking, jogging, cycling, swimming or dancing.
Strength training also can help reduce blood pressure.
Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other question I will be glad to help.
Aerobic activity is better.
I suggest you do the aerobic activity at relatively moderate intensity for at least 150 minutes for a week (30 minutes on the day). This activity helps with the blood circulation and also with losing weight.
Also, flexibility exercises on a daily basis.
You can also do muscle-strengthening activity on two or more days a week being always careful with the weight.
Jiu-jitsu is not the best activity in your case.
Some bits of advice are:
-Avoid holding your breath during weight training
-Avoid exercises in which the head is lower than the heart as this can raise your blood pressure
-If your blood pressure is high, you should avoid lots of overhead arm work.
Hope my answer was helpful.
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is asomex and rosutek advised in high blood pressure
- High blood pressure in cancer patients
- What is high blood pressure in cctga
- What are the medicines for high blood pressure
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure
- What is classified as high blood pressure
- Decongestant for high blood pressure patients
- What is the remedy for high blood pressure
- Diet chart for high blood pressure patients
- What is the drug for high blood pressure
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?