question-icon

What the difference between indigestion and angina?

Posted on Mon, 17 Nov 2014
Question: CARDIOLOGIST HOW CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INDIGESTION AND ANGENNIA
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
type of pain

Detailed Answer:
Indigestion pain is bearable pain, burning or fullness type that subsides on its own in a day or taking digestive pills. So you can try those pills available over the counter. it subsides in an hour or two.

Angina pain is unbearable, center of chest, spread under an area of fist. May be Associated with sweating, anxiety, shortness of breath. It subsides with antianginal pills immediately like sorbitrate or aspirin.

If you doubt you can take two aspirin and rush to emergency.

Is this clear? Let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam