• question-icon

What causes severe vomiting, pressure around the chest and nausea?

Posted on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I threw up violently yesterday about 12:30, I've been experiencing pressure around my heart and nausea. I had difficulty sleeping last night and don't have an apatite. I had a stint installed about 11/2 years ago for a 57% blockage. Concerns?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it could be a matter of concern

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir
After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that your symptoms are suggestive of Angina equivalent and need through cardiac evaluation.

As you already had a stent in your system which was deployed more than 11 years back and there was a 57 % blockage also, so it's time to get an check coronary angiogram done to see the status of the stent and the degree of progress of the disease.

So its highly advisable that you should personally consult your cardiologist for proper evaluation and treatment plan.

Till that time just keep a sublingual Sorbitrate tablet with you in case you feel any severe chest discomfort.

I hope this information will be helpful. Feel free to ask back if you have any more doubts.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist