What should my concerns be about a child with high fever when diagnosed with strep throat?
No need to worry
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Since the diagnosis of Strep throat has already been made you can rest assured that treatment with antibiotics will ensure a fast resolution of the problems. You also need to make him gurgle with lukewarm water. Give paracetamol or acetaminophen for fever. I do not suppose that you would need to take him to the ER. However, if the child becomes lethargic and does seems to have a deteriorating sensorium, you would need to take him to the ER. I do not however suppose that such a thing will happen.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for strep throat
- What causes strep throat
- Strep throat fever in 3yrold
- What causes nausea when on medication for strep throat
- Strep throat when iui
- Strep throat and nursing diagnoses
- Strep throat infection with fever
- Strep throat fever 103
- What is the remedy for strep throat when on amoxicillin
- High fever and strep throat