What percentage of essential nutrients included in the diet plan of a diabetic renal compromised patient?
About diet in renal failure:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
First I would like to inform you that to give strict suggestions about your diet plan there are some more details needed (renal failure stage, the GFR, the amount of albuminuria ect).
Low-protein diets may slow the progression of mild and moderate renal insufficiency.
Vegan (pure vegetarian) diets have been shown to provide adequate protein.
A common recommendation is 0.6 grams of protein per kilogram of ideal body weight, adjusted depending on the glomerular filtration rate and nutritional status, plus gram-for-gram replacement of urinary protein losses.
Talking in percentage, 60-65% would be carbohydrates (750 calories in your case and 60% of them would be provided by fibres or while grains),10-15% proteins and 25% fat.
Ferritin and iron level is needed to determine the amount of iron needed in a day.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whats in a renal diet
- Prognosis for diabetes and renal dialysis
- Renal diabetic sample menus
- Sample menu diabetic renal diet
- Ace inhibitor renal protection diabetes
- Diabetes renal failure diet
- Renal and diabetic diet combined
- Diet chart for renal patients
- Diabetes renal failure timeline
- Sample renal diabetic diet
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?