question-icon

What other infection can be contracted apart from HIV after non-penetrative sexual activity?

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015
Question: Dr Kakkar S,

You have been so helpful in my time of need...thank you so much!!!! I know I could have just written a follow up but you deserve a 5 star everytime as you are a very caring and compassionate dr. So I'm 100% clear?? No chance of HIV at all, and only a remote chance of anything else if I read all correctly...I went over all of our exchanges. If it would only remotely be other things how soon would they show up??

I promise not to bother you again on this issue and your right I can never put myself in this position again.

Have a great day Doc

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (10 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You are mostly safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes, in my view you are safe. The only remote risk is of a possibility of herpes and possibility of warts on fingers as a result of fingering but that is very less. HIV is not a risk at all. Herpes has an incubation period of 2-10 days so beyond that period, absence of any lesions of herpes, eliminates this possibility. Although warts can develop weeks or months after infection, however, it would be safe to assume that if you do not develop warts on fingers for another 3 months, one can safely assume that you did'nt acquire Hpv infection in first place. Moreover, genital warts do not usually have a propensity to infect extragenital sites.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist