What medications are effective at treating sleeplessness and a restless mind?
You could try melatonin tablets.
I have noted your clinical details.
Based on this is possible that the circadian rhythm (biological clock) has got affected due to frequent awakenings at night and irregular sleep pattern.
This clock is controlled by melatonin, a chemical released from pineal gland of the brain and works through hypothalamus.
You could start Melatonin tablets at a dose daily at night around 10 PM, which would regularise your biological clock.
In addition, meditation, yoga, etc may also help to reduce anxiety associated with sleep disturbance.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Medicine is safe for breastfeeding.
Melatonin is safe, as it is a naturally occurring hormone in brain.
Though it is not tested in breastfeeding women, it is likely to be safe.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of methamphetamine?
- Sleeplessness restlessness what is wrong
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of prednisolone?
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of rosuvastatin?
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of hydrocortisone?
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of dexamethasone?
- Will advil pm treat sleeplessness ?
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of varenicline?
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of methylprednisolone?
- Drugs/medication for sleeplessness
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy