Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What is this discomfort near the vagina opening where the rear end starts ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I am 50 yrs old,5"9 & approx.230 pds. I have had about 3 surgeries laporosity(1993), appendectomy(1987), hysterectomy(2010).
For approx. 5 days i have been having discomfort just inward of the top of my left leg crease about 3 inches back from my vagina opening about where the roundness of my rear end starts .
It appears to be curcular reddish color inside, larger than a 50 cent piece and white on outer circle slightly lumped. I feel it mostly while wearing underwear and sitting position. I also have not been feeling well the last 3 days with addomen discomfort, and under lots of stress.
Can you please help me?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 33 minutes later
Thank you very much for submitting your question.

I will try to give you some information and helpful suggestions regarding what you have going on. From what you have described I am suspicious that you may have what we referred to in medicine as a infected cyst.

These cysts can sometimes develop over time and it generally start from a superficial infection of a skin pore.

These can develop randomly over time and typically develop in the area which you are describing. I have a few suggestions for you wish you could start to do right now. The first suggestion I have is for you to begin performing warm soaks in a bathtub for at least 15 or 20 min. per day for the next several days. I would try to do this at least three or four times per day as well. The warm water from the bathtub will help to open up the skin pores and will facilitate improvement of the information which is obviously going on. Next got the pain what you're feeling is from the swelling underneath the skin and your Teishen of the nerves in the area. Expet up the fact that you also feel generally ill also points toward a possible infection as well. If your symptoms do not improve within the next 48 hours. You may need to see a physician who may consider giving you some antibiotics to take as well.

On rare occasions these may become so large that a physician may need to perform a tiny incision to drain some of the fluid that collects underneath the skin. Again this would be a decision your physician would have to make when he evaluates you.

Again I thank you for submitting your question. I'm sorry that you are dealing with such pain and discomfort right now. I hope my answer has provided you with some helpful information and good suggestions. Please know that I am available if you have any additional follow-up concerns.


Dr. Robert.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor