Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for chronic pain caused due to herniation and bulge in L4 L5 S1?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
L4 L5 S1 bulge and herniation chronic pain ? Treatment?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Medication like methylcobalamine,and physiotherapy Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. To my patients with similar problems I offer the following line of treatment: 1. Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic. They bring down the pain. It can be taken for a few days to weeks as decided by the treating doctor. 2. Some exercises which include spine extension exercises, lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg. Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. 3. Physiotherapy - TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. You can contact a physiotherapist nearby and discuss about TENS / ultrasound therapy. Besides these, I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. If MRI shows disc compressing on nerve root then surgical decompression is permanent solution. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor