Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for fluctuating blood pressure between high and normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
I've been monitoring my BP for few weeks now, it's been fluctuating between high & normal. High range : 180-200/100-110 Normal : 130-140/90-100 I also visited hospital for monitoring when it hit the high value 3 days back.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 hours later
Brief Answer: Diet and salt restriction Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Its not uncommon in men of your age to be affected by Hypertension. Since the readings are very much varying there are chances where you can get it to the normal range. You can do that by restricting salt in your diet. Also consuming raw vegetable and fruits, low fat and carbohydrate diet, mild exercise every day. Lifestyle chances alone would suffice as of now. If no controlled now you may be needing medications which may have to be continued for life once started. Also the dose goes on increasing and worsening the condition rather curing you. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor