Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for bump on vertebrae due to a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
i fell in to a crawlspace in october, i had back pain between my shoulders in the middle of my scapula's, then numbness in right arm for about 3 weeks. in november i was virtually bed ridden, i could not sit up for long periods with out allot of pain. the pain gradually went away, but now i have what appears to be a large knot or bump on my vertebrae on the same spot that hurt before. should i go see a chiropractor, or a normal doctor. at the time of the original injury i was unemployed an no health insurance, so i did not seek medical , now i am working but still no insurance. the only pain that i feel is when i lay on my back i can feel the bump
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Hi Rayhunt,

Thanks for the query.

With the previous history of injury and bed ridden condition for quite sometime, I would like you to get your health status reviewed by the doctor who treated you earlier during the injury.

Appearance of a knot after long time post injury should be checked and found out the nature of it whether it is arising from the superficial or deeper structures.

If the doctor confirms the benign nature of the lump then you should not worry. It could be a chronic hematoma or a lump arising from neighboring muscles or an abnormal growth of the bone in the vertebrae. Sometimes an Xray of the area can be helpful.

Hope this helps you to find the way to go about.If you have any more queries please let me know.


Hope you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor