What is the normal breathing pattern for a 2 year old?
A two year old will breath primarily through the nose. Sometimes when tired there will be some mouth breathing.
In cases where there are respiratory issues like asthma or enlarged adenoids, we expect the breathing to be primarily mouth breathing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal breathing pattern for infants
- Shortness of breath in an 8 year old
- Shortness of breath in 17 year old
- Mouth breathing 5 year old
- 15 year old hurts to breathe
- 15 year old with bad breath
- 3 year old acetone breath
- 30 years old women breath
- Normal breaths for ten year old
- Shortness of breath 21 year old