What is the generic name of Prestarium?

Dr. Kerry Pottinger

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 2 Apr 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, I have a question reg the following medicine. My mother is taking Prestarium A 5 mg for blood pressure. it is a European medicine.I need to know the US version and the chemical ingredients to give this info to the american doctor. Thank you.XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Perindopril 5mg Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Prestarium A 5 mg is a widely used medication for the control of blood pressure. The generic name is perindopril. You should have no problem with obtaining this drug in the US with a prescription. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
Follow up: Dr. Kerry Pottinger 8 hours later
Thank you for your help! XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Hi, Glad to be of help. If you have no further questions, you may close the query. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA