What is the dosage amount for Pregnyl?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: My doctor didn't give me the dosage amount for Pregnyl I need to take tomorrow night. Will it hurt if I take the full 10,000 IU? I saw on the back of their sheet that 10,000 is the most common dosage, and I have no refills. And when I call the answering service they get testy with me that this is not an emergency. Well, it kind of is because I spent a lot of time and money! And they should have told me the correct dosage! Anyway, any help you can provide would be awesome!
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give more information.

Detailed Answer:

I will be able to comment further if you can provide me some more details like the purpose of the injection, whether you are pregnant and if so, how many weeks, or if you are trying to conceive.

Hope to see your feedback. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later
I'm to take the Pregnyl 36 hours before egg retrieval which will be on Tuesday morning. Not pregnant at the moment.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The usual recommended dose is 10,000 IU.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your feedback.

The usual recommended dose for induction of ovulation for egg retrieval purposes is 10,000 IU. Monitoring is essential to watch for ovarian hyper-stimulation.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please contact if you need any more information. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
I will have to try to talk to someone from my doctor's office tomorrow, but yes! This was a big help! Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question so quickly!
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome any timme.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the feedback and of course, you are welcome any time.

Wish you good luck.

regards,
Shanti.V.