Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the cure for itching sensation in genitalia?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
8 years ago, I experienced extreme itching in my genitalia and around, 3 four week latter it automatically vanished but I found some white wart on my balls. These day I again feel same kind of itching in genitalia and around, and again I found 2 new white wart, one is on my thigh and one is on my genitalia .. I am feeling scared, please suggest……..
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to Ringworm infection. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have itching and few warts on genital area which recurred after 8 years . This is most likely to be due to Ring worm infection what is called as (Jack Itch). Please take anti fungal medications like Fluconazole orally twice daily for week along with topical anti fungal ointment like Meconazole for local application over affected area. Ensure to wash the entire area with warm water before applying ointment. Wash your inner wares in hot water mixed with antiseptic solution like Dettol As regards warts ,most of the time they go away without any treatment ,else you may consult Dermatologist for Chemical or Electro cauterization. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor